ABOUT THE BOAT
- A Vigabund 51 ft Ketch sailing boat, and is equipped with a 120 HP turbo diesel engine. The boat was built in 1985 and refitted in 2014 with new rigging and had a new engine in 2017.
- Up to 11 guests sleep on the boat and it also has a large outdoor living area.
- There is a 4 person cabin in front with a double bed and two single bunks. In the main cabin there are 3 single bunks and one double bed. In the aft cabin there is one large king size double bed. There are 2 toilets on the boat that are shared with everyone.
- GPS, life rafts and life jackets on board.
CAPTAIN & CREW
Andre is the new owner and captain of the boat Sophia VI.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days / 4 nights
- Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing to/from Cartagena
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling
- 3 daily meals
- Drinking water, coffee, tea
- Snorkel equipment
- There is also a kayak, snorkel gear and fishing supplies on board.
THE DEPARTURE POINT & ARRIVAL LOCATION
Colombia to Panama:
The boat departs from the public marina in Cartagena. Guests can easily reach this point by taxi.
The boat arrives at an anchorage in the San Blas islands. To get to Panama City guests must pay for the boat and ground transportation to the port and Panama City. (see COSTS)
- $550 per guest for the 1 way boat trip from its starting point at an anchorage in the San Blas islands,Panama to Cartagena, Colombia. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip.
- $22 Guna territory entrance fee.
- $30 ground transport to or from the port of Cart, San Blas.
- $$20 (approximately) local motor boat to or from the sailboat anchorage.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider flying to Panama and going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.