The Santana is the ideal trip if you are looking for a spacious Catamaran. Unlike others this boat is not over crowded. Captain Gisi is an experienced Captain that has been in San Blas for many years and makes you feel safe and comfortable on board. Great and fresh food!
** This sailboat offer trips between the San Blas islands, Panama and Cartagena, Colombia in both directions. Please make sure to check the calendar activity well before booking to make sure you choose the correct direction. **
ABOUT THE BOAT
- SANTANA is a 50 foot aluminum catamaran built in 1996 and she got completely refurbished in September 2015.
- The catamaran is very strong and safe and is equipped with life jackets, two emergency life rafts, satellite telephone, GPS, hand flares, parachute distress- and smoke signals and MOB system.
- SANTANA offers a huge deck space and may easily take up 16 passengers plus crew.
- There is the decks house with 10 comfortable beds and a big dining table and social area. And there are two cabins in both hulls where 3 ppl fit in each of it.
- On board are snorkeling gear, a dinghy, fishing equipment a big fridge for the guests, a fresh water shower and two bathrooms with electric toilets.
CAPTAIN & CREW
- German captain ¨Gisi¨ holds a professional worldwide cruising license and is full-time sailor since 2006. He has sailed in the Baltic Sea, Mediterranean and Caribbean speaks german, english and spanish.
- Fernando is from Argentia and worked on a fishing boat and he also did trips from Ushuaia to Antarctica. He speaks english and spanish and has been sailing the San Blas route for the last 4 years.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days / 4 nights
- Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing from Cartagena
- Visiting different islands daily after the crossing for nice beaches and snorkeling
- Visiting few Guna families, having barbeque with them and a coco loco
- 3 daily delicious meals made of fresh ingredients, Salads and Fruits
- Drinking water, coffee, tea
- Snorkel equipment for all guests
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
Colombia to Panama:
The boat departs from the public marina in Cartagena. Guests can easily reach this point by taxi.
The boat arrives at an anchorage in the San Blas islands. To get to Panama City guests must pay for the boat and ground transportation to the port and Panama City. (see COSTS)
- $550 per guest for the 1 way boat trip from its starting point in Cartagena, Colombia to San Blas islands,Panama. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip.
- $$20 (approximately) local motor boat to or from the sailboat anchorage.
- $22 Guna territory entrance fee.
- $30 ground transport to or from the port of Cart, San Blas.
- Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Gluten free food preparation additional cost of $25 extra.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider flying to Panama and going round-trip to the San Blas islands.. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.