The Amande boat and crew are well known to offer professional service and excellent food. The Amande I and Amande II are two identical boats that go alternate from Panama to Colombia. Even though there is 2 of them, known for their constant trip quality, they are very often booked out ahead.
ABOUT THE BOAT
- Amande 1 and 2 are both 50 foot (15 meter) Dufour 50 atoll 6 model. They feature:
- 6 double cabins with large storage spaces, 4 bathrooms in perfect conditions.
- 115 m2 of sails and 85/90cv engines. They are registered Panamanian commercial vessels.
- automatic pilot, GPS 2, AIS, which has a security inspection annually insurance.
- reserve of water of 1500 l
- fuel tanks of 500l
- solar panels
- radio with USB ports gives to this large sailboat the comfortable as a catamaran and it covers all your needs
- a salon of 20 m2, completely protected of sun and rain if it’s necessary, can occupy 16 people
- Large space on the boat deck for take the sun
- kitchen and oven of gas, two big fridge with space for your drinks, also a view of 360 grades to appreciate the panorama
ABOUT THE TRIP
The Amande crew likes to offer you the most exquisite variety of seafood. With a 3 meters long dinghy and Kayak you can discover the spectacular reefs of the islands and around the anchorage, if not you can just relax and admire the paradise of the san blas islands from the boat.
- Day 1 - Departing from Puerto Lindo the navigation to San Blas Islands takes around 8 hours. Our first stop is usually in chichime island, where we spend the rest of the day and night.
- Day 2 - There is a great place to snorkel on an old shipwreck, close to Dog Island. We spend the night anchored in an area called lemons cays.
- we will spend around 2 hours sailing on the calm San blas waters during the day.
- Day 3 - in the Holandes cays we are going to be visiting 2 beautiful different beaches and reefs, at night we depart to cartagena.
- Day4 - Full day sailing in open sea. Getting close to cartagena coast.
- Day 5 - Arrive in Cartagena with a delicious breakfast. we will try to stamp the passports with cartagena entrance before afternoon.
ABOUT THE CREW
A professional capitan and a crew/cook to cover all your needs. On the boat Spanish, English and French are spoken. The crew cooks international food with fresh products, respecting food preferences and allergies eg. vegetarians.
- accommodation onboard
- 3 meals per day
- water & coffee
- use of snorkeling equipment
- use of fishing gear
- COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- $550 per guest for the boat trip from its starting point. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip
- $22 Guna territory entrance fee
- Approximately $15 - bus 1 way between Puerto Lindo and Panama City
- The price does not include beverages besides drinking water
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat from Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. Guests are responsible to get themselves to the starting point.
- The boat arrives in Puerto Lindo, Panama. From here it is about 2.5 hours by bus to Panama City. The crew of the boat will give you instructions on when and where to catch the bus.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.