ABOUT THE BOAT
- Sophia VI is a Vagabund 51 Ketch sailing boat, and is equipped with a 120 HP turbo diesel engine.
- The boat was built in 1985, refitted in 2014 with new rigging and got a new engine in 2017.
- It has GPS,life rafts and life jackets.
- There are 2 guest cabins plus bunks in the main area. There is one four person cabin with double bed and two single bunks. A two person cabin with a large bed. In the main cabin there are 3 single bunks and one double bed.
- The boat have 2 toilets and a large outside living area.
- There is also a kayak, snorkel gear and fishing supplies on board.
ABOUT THE CAPTAIN
- Andre is a graduate of the Colombian naval cadet academy in Cartagena de Indias and he holds a professional captains license.
- He speaks fluent English and Spanish, and is an outgoing and laid back character.
- In 2009 he spent time sailing in the Pacific ocean before returning to the Caribbean.
- He was employed for several years as a professional captain on various sailboats and catamarans, making over 100 crossing during that time sailing between Panama to Cartagena. In 2017 Andre purchased Sophia VI.
ABOUT THE TRIP
5 days / 4 nights
Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing to/from Cartagena
Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling
3 daily delicious meals
Drinking water, coffee, tea
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- Trip Cost = $550 + $20 Guna territory entrance fee. Paid to the captain.
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip in a shared cabin. Paid to the captain.
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from the public dock in Puerto Lindo, Panama. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. The least expensive is the public bus from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City. There you can can take the Express bus to Colon (45 min, $2.50) just before Colon, in Sabanitas stop at El Rey Supermarket, you can take a bus to Costa Arriba in front of El Rey Supermarket and you get out in Puerto Lindo, if you miss the latest bus to Costa Arriba, you can also take the bus to Portobelo and take a taxi from there for $10 approx. for 20 minutes.
- When enough guests are interested the boat from Panama Cican arrange a shuttle from Panama City to Puerto Lindo for $25 that would pick you up at your hostel or point of reference at around 1pm and take you directly to the boat.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
A high protection sunscreen
A tight-fitting T-shirt to snorkel
prepare a small bag with all you need during the trip
we ll put your big case in an other storage without access
A mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore
A sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night
The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket
bring your snack, sweets, sodas, beers etc
Please get cash and purchase supplies you need for the trip in Panama City
If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy
Sophia is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.