If you are looking for a relaxed and comfortable trip on a spacious Catamaran, then Santana is right for you!
ABOUT THE BOAT
- SANTANA is a 50 foot aluminum catamaran built in 1996 and she got completely refurbished in September 2015.
- The catamaran is very strong and safe and is equipped with life jackets, two emergency life rafts, satellite telephone, GPS, hand flares, parachute distress- and smoke signals and MOB system.
- SANTANA offers a huge deck space and may easily take up 16 passengers plus crew.
- There is the decks house with 10 comfortable beds and a big dining table and social area. There are two cabins in each hull, each cabin sleeps 3 ppl sleep.
- On board are snorkeling gear, a dinghy, fishing equipment a big fridge for the guests, a fresh water shower and two bathrooms with electric toilets.
CAPTAIN & CREW
- German owner ¨Gisi¨ holds a professional worldwide cruising license and is full-time sailor since 2006. He has sailed in the Baltic Sea, Mediterranean and Caribbean speaks german, english and spanish.
- Captain Greg grew up on the coast of Chile and had a Capitan as a father. He has been living/working/sailing on boats since he a young kid and has enough miles on sail boats to circle the globe a couple times. He has sailed all over Europe from Finland to Greece and through the Caribbean ; from Florida down to Chile. Greg is also an expert free diver and a sashimi master.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days / 4 nights.
- Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing to/from Cartagena.
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling.
- Visiting few Guna families, having barbeque with them an coco loco.
- 3 daily delicious meals made of fresh ingredients, Salads and Fruits.
- Drinking water, coffee, tea.
- Snorkel equipment for all guests.
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- Total Cost = $550
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip paid to the captain.
- This price does not include the $20 Guna territory entrance fee, which must be paid to the captain in cash when requested.
- Canadian passport holders are charged an additional visa fee by Colombia of 190,000 Colombian pesos. Check today's exchange rate online.
- Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Gluten free food preparation additional cost of $25 extra.
DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from Puerto Lindo Panama. The crew will hold a pre trip meeting at Casa X Hostel the day of departure. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. The least expensive is the public bus from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City. Or the boat usually offers a shuttle for $25 per guest.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- 2 copies of your passport.
- the cash you need to pay the balance of the ground transport, entrance fees, small boat to the sailboat, and the balance due on the sailboat trip.
- A high protection sunscreen.
- A tight-fitting T-shirt to snorkel.
- prepare a small bag with all you need during the trip.
- we ll put your big case in an other storage without access.
- A mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore.
- A sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night.
- A towel.
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket.
- bring your snack, sweets, sodas, beers etc.
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of.
- You can’t swim.
- You have allergies to certain foods.
Santana is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.