ABOUT THE BOAT
- Gitano del Mar is a 52 foot catamaran built in 1998 that can fit up to 18 passengers. When full though it can be a bit crowded onboard.
- It has 2 private double cabins, two private triples, and 2 singles and a triple and a double in the salon,
- 3 bathrooms, a big kitchen with fridge and freezer, generator, sound system and DVD player, two and a freezer, snorkel gear, and fishing gear, kayak and dinghy.
- The hangout area is big, especially outside there is a lot of space to relax and enjoy the sun. Fresh water shower outside
- There is no air-con but in case you feel too hot in your cabin we have some mattresses, pillows and sleeping bags for the ones who prefers to sleep outside under the beautiful stars.The boat is equipped with kayak, paddle board, snorkeling gear, fishing equipment, dice, cards and other games.
CAPTAIN & CREW
- The crew always consists of Captain, first mate and cook. Languages spoken are English, Spanish, French and German.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- The Gitano del Mar has become famous for its Party trips for Backpackers in San Blas. The crew is fun, experienced and helpful and will make sure you have the experience of your life.
- 5 days / 4 nights
- Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing to/from Cartagena
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling
- 3 daily delicious meals made of fresh ingredients, Salads and Fruits
- Drinking water, coffee, tea
- Snorkel equipment for all guests
ABOUT THE FOOD
- We offer 3 meals a day, Coffee, tea, water and some ice tea are also available free of charge.
- Our food is all prepared using fresh ingredients and there is always plenty of it.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served each day. When available we buy fresh fish, lobster and octopus from the local Guna fisherman.
- Breakfast is a variety of pancakes, scrambled eggs, granola, toast, coffee, tea and fresh fruits.
- Lunches can be anything from chicken curry with jasmine rice, beef tacos, spaghetti bolognese or ham and cheese toasties. In general we use a lot fruits and vegetables for all the meals and serve meat minimum once a day.
- For dinner in San Blas we prepare bbq lobster on the beach with potatoes and salad, or on the boat enjoy tuna and tomato pasta, pizza or fresh fish with couscous.
- It depends on the weather but we try to cook a bbq two nights on the beach (it's not so easy to make a good fire with only coconuts ;-))
- Our goal is to eat a variety of good a healthy meals.
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- Total Cost = $622
- $50 deposit payment made to Cacique Cruiser to reserve your spot.
- $22 Guna territory entrance fee. Paid to our driver in cash.
- $30 ground transport to the port of Cart, San Blas. Paid to our driver in cash.
- $20 approximately local motor boat to the sailboat anchorage, Paid to the motor boat driver.
- $500 per guest for the boat trip paid to the captain.
- Canadian passport holders are charged an additional visa fee by Colombia of 190,000 Colombian pesos. Check todays exchange rate online.
- *When you book with us we automatically schedule each of the services above.*
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- The boat departs from an anchorage in the San Blas islands. To get there guests must pay for ground and boat transportation to the sailboat. .
- The boat arrives at the public marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas.
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- 2 copies of your passport
- the cash you need to pay the balance of the ground transport, entrance fees, small boat to the sailboat, and the balance due on the sailboat trip.
- A high protection sunscreen
- A tight-fitting T-shirt to snorkel
- prepare a small bag with all you need during the trip
- we ll put your big case in an other storage without access
- A mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore
- A sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night
- A towel
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket
- bring your snack, sweets, sodas, beers etc.
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of
- You can’t swim
- You have allergies to certain foods
Gitano Del Mar is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.