JONATHAN is the ideal trip for guests who are looking for a relaxed, well equipped, comfortable and spacious Catamaran with a big net area between the hulls. Big Boat (54 ft) just 10 Guests – you will never feel cramped on this boat. Good equipment (Kayak, SUP,…) professional crew, since 5 years in Guna Yala, experience in several social projects in Guna Yala and well known at several communities in Guna Yala. We will have an open fire on one of the islands.
ABOUT THE BOAT
- JONATHAN (marketing name since 25 Years, the register name at AMP in Panamá is SELINA 2).
- 2008, 54 Feet. Customs built Catamaran, epoxy and fiberglass made in Brazil, registered in Panama.
- Safety equipment Emergency Life raft, live jackets, EPIRB Satellite emergency System, GPS, VHF, RADAR, 2 x AUTOPILOT, 3 x Chartplotter, MOB System, Live rings, hand flares, parachute distress- and smoke signals, fully equipped for transatlantic Cruises, which we did already with this boat 4 times.
- Amenities Water Maker (unlimited water on board), Kayak, Stand up Paddleboard (SUP), Electric Toilets, Snorkel Gear, we sail maximum with just 10 guests and 2 Crew – 5 Double cabins, 2 bed in the Salon.
ABOUT THE CREW
- Captain: Powerboat license of MSVÖ, Yacht Master License of ÖSV, Commercial Captain for inshore Bunks AMP
- Background Studies of Airplane Technique at BMS f FLT in Austria, MBA,
- Experience: Sailing since 26 Years in the Charter Industry in the Mediterranean, British Virgin Islands, Antigua, Cuba, Lesser Antilles, Latin and Central America, several Atlantic Crossings on different Sailing Yachts
- Languages spoken: Captain: English, Spanish, Deutsch CREW: English, Creole.
- Captain is involved in several social projects in Guna Yala such as Glasses for the albino children - we bring specialists on our behalf to measure the eyes of guna indigenes, we let produce the glasses and bring them to the people.
- Accommodation onboard the sailboat
- 3 meals per day
- Water, tea and coffee
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Use of fishing gear
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days / 5 nights
- Minimum 2.5 days in San Blas , 2 days for the crossing to/from Cartagena.
- Visiting different islands daily for nice beaches and snorkeling.
- Visiting a few Guna families
COST & PAYMENT BREAKDOWN
- $550 per guest for the boat trip from its starting point. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip
- $20 Guna territory entrance fee
- Approximately $15 - bus 1 way between Panama City and Puerto Lindo, Panama (Or $25 for a shuttle)
- The price does not include alcohol beverages
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
- Guest meet the crew on the day of departure at 4pm at Casa X Puerto Lindo, on the caribbean coast of Panama. To get there guests must pay for ground transportation. The least expensive is the public bus from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City. There you can can take the Express bus to Colon (45 min, $2.50) just before Colon, in Sabanitas stop at El Rey Supermarket, you can take a bus to Costa Arriba in front of El Rey Supermarket and you get out in Puerto Lindo, if you miss the latest bus to Costa Arriba, you can also take the bus to Portobelo and take a taxi from there for $10 approx. for 20 minutes.
- These instructions, times and prices are the most recent we have, but they are subject to change without notice. We recommend arriving to the bus terminal well ahead so you have time if there are delays for traffic or route changes.
- There is a shuttle that goes from Panama City to Puerto Lindo for $25 that would pick you up at your hostel or point of reference at around 1pm and take you directly to the boat.
- Prior to sail your captain will collect all passports and begin the check-out procedure. The captain will hold your passport until you reach your destination and get stamped in. You stay first night in peace on Jonathan. If there is time for it, we watch the monkeys in Isla Linton or make a dinghy trip in the beautiful mangrove chanal. Next morning we are leaving to San Blas at daylight– no stress with a night sail in the beginning of the trip – along the beautiful coastline! You have 5 full days and 5 nights on the Boat. Also included is the Immigration documentation.
- The boat arrives at Club Nautica marina in Cartagena. From there guests can easily take a taxi to main areas
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.
INFORM US AND THE BOAT CREW IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY
- You have health problems or conditions the crew should be aware of
- You can’t swim
- You have allergies to certain foods
BE PREPARED WITH THE FOLLOWING
- 2 copies of your passport
- A high protection sunscreen
- A tight-fitting T-shirt to snorkel
- prepare a small bag with all you need during the trip
- we ll put your big case in an other storage without access
- A mosquito repellent for nights without wind and evenings ashore
- A sweat shirt or a light raincoat for the night
- A towel
- The boat supplies a mattress with sheets but no blanket
- bring your snack, sweets, sodas, beers etc.
- Please get cash and purchase supplies you need for the trip in Panama City. There are no ATM's in Portobelo.
- If you get motion or sea sickness, we highly recommend that you buy motion sickness tablets from the pharmacy.
Catamaran Jonathan is an independent boat which we represent as a guest service agent, because they are busy sailing and taking care of guests. Since we do not own and operate the boats we do not control the schedule, and cannot be held responsible for delays cancellations by the boat, or actions of the crews aboard the boats. However, in the event of a delay or cancellation we will provide guests with other available options, or refund their deposit payment. And if a guest registers a fair complaint or suggestion with us we will communicate with the boat and advocate for the guest in an effort to reach an amicable resolution.