From USD 135
+2 Additional options
Immerse yourself in the caribbean island life with this classic 3 island trip starting at $135 per guest.
- Round trip ground transport, pick up in Panama City between 5-6 a.m. on day 1 and arrive back about noon on your last day.
- Basic meals
- Boat rides to and from the port
- 1 day trip to isla perro and isla fragatta
- Snorkel equipment on the day trip
Dorm w/ Shared Restroom:
- 1 night = $153 + Indigenous entrance taxes ($22 foreigners, $7 Panama residents)
- 2 nights = $188 + Indigenous entrance taxes
- 3 nights = $223 + Indigenous entrance taxes
- Additional day trips = $25
Private w/ Shared Restroom:
- 1 night = $168 + Indigenous entrance taxes ($22 foreigners, $7 Panama residents)
- 2 nights = $218 + Indigenous entrance taxes
- 3 nights = $268 + Indigenous entrance taxes
- Additional day trips = $25
- All prices are per guest
- Price includes 1 day trip with our group and guide from El Original
- 1 night minimum, 4 nights maximum
- 2 guest minimum in a private rooms
- A 4% online processing fee will be applied to all full payments on credit card. Deposit payments will not be charged.
- Indigenous entrance taxes ($22 foreigners, $7 Panama residents)
- Water & beverages
- Guide staying overnight on the island
ABOUT THE ISLAND & ACCOMMODATIONS
- Diablo-Marti is one half of Diablo island operated by part of the family that owns it.
- It is located right next to the famous Dog island with a sunken ship that is great for snorkeling. It's a very short boat ride away, and short swim for strong, experienced ocean swimmers only. If you go on to Dog island you will have to pay a $3 island fee per guest. They accept wet money :)
- The cabanas and dorm are very basic, they have sand floors and lights in the evening only.
- The restrooms are separate from all accommodations and very basic as well. There are 2 toilets and 2 showers shared between all guests.
- There are not outlets for charging in most of the cabanas however guests may charge devices in the restaurant area in the evening.
- The meals provided on the island are simple and they do not generally offer much variety. Though we monitor the quality of food through guests and visits we do not control the menu. We are constantly providing feedback to the islands in an effort to change this, but the reality is the meal qualities vary. It is recommended that guests bring some snacks if they have big appetites or very specific dietary needs.
- We do not offer refunds or discount for rain or bad weather unless a trip is cancelled by us for safety reason. May through October are months where it can rain very often, and November through April can have high winds that make the seas rough. The weather changes often in the islands, our experienced guides and hosts do their best to keep guests dry, but the islands are a very rustic area and guests must be prepared accordingly for changing weather conditions. Please see our Refund Policy for more details.
- Please take a look at out Terms and Conditions for the trips.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS TRIP AND ORIGINAL CHILL?
- El Tranquilo and Original Chill both include 1 day trip with our bilingual guides.
- We make snorkel equipment available to guests on both trips.
- With this trip guests also get to leave the islands at 3pm on their last day.
- With El Tranquilo our bilingual guide does not stay overnight on in the island with guests on this trip, but the island has a local staff that hosts guests and prepares meals.
- El Tranquilo does not include a visit to the Guna community.
- Additional day trips with our bilingual guides may not be available for purchase with El Tranquilo like they are with Original Chill. The reason trips are not available everyday is that our day trips often go to Perro Chico island, which is the neighbor of Diablo island. El Tranquilo guests can get from Diablo to Perro Chico for $5 each with the locals on the island, and then pay $3 island tax. This is a much better deal than paying us for $30 for a trip next door :)
- When on the day trip guests can ask our guides where the day trip for the next day is going. If it is going somewhere other than Perro Chico island guests can add themselves to the trip for $30 each. It is $5 more per guest than Original Chill because our boats use more fuel and time to come to Diablo for pick ups.
MORE USEFUL INFO Packing list & pre-trip information