The Mintaka offers quality: well maintained, very safe, comfortable, clean and professional operated by a German couple: Manfred & Petra. They are probably one of the most experienced crew in the backpacker fleet. Their names stand for continuity and reliability. They both have the same sailing license to ensure the personal safety and the safety of the boat. They have well over 35 years sailing experience, 21 years alone on Mintaka, where they live constantly. Manfred, the captain and chef engineer, and Petra, the first mate and chef, are married for almost 40 years.
ABOUT THE BOAT
- 46ft. aluminum sloop that was custom built for Manfred and Petra
- fits up to 8 guests and is never overcrowded
- very well maintained, very safe, comfortable and clean
- fans under deck
ABOUT THE CREW
- Professional and friendly German couple: Manfred & Petra. Manfred, the captain and chef engineer, and Petra, the first mate and chef, are married for almost 40 years.
- They have well over 35 years sailing experience, 21 years alone on Mintaka, where they live constantly. Both have the same sailing license and a license for personal safety and the safety of the boat.
- The Caribbean is their cruising ground for over 8 years, 3 years between Colombia and Panama. They sailed almost 100.000 nautical miles in the North Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean sea, Red Sea, the Indic Ocean and the South Atlantic Ocean.
- Languages spoken are German, English and Spanish.
ABOUT THE TRIP
- 5 days, 4 nights
- Enjoy paradise, unlimited fresh drinking water and Petras amazing food!
- 3 days between the islands of San Blas- every night a different anchorage. Manfred and Petra know the area well and will take you to the best islands and snorkeling spots.
- 2 days on the open sea to Cartagena.
- accomodation onboard
- 3 meals per day & fresh fruit
- water, coffee & tea. Ice tea during the day
- use of snorkeling equipment
- use of fishing gear
- lobster (if the season allows is)
- Please dont bring big plastic bottles on the Mintaka.
THE DEPARTURE POINTS & ARRIVAL LOCATIONS
Colombia to Panama:
The boat departs from the public marina in Cartagena. Guests can easily reach this point by taxi.
The boat arrives at the public dock in Portobelo, Panama. To get to Panama City guests must pay for ground transportation . The leat expensive is the public bus to the Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City. (see COSTS)
- $550 per guest for the boat trip from its starting point in Cartagena, Colombia. $50 of this must be paid as a deposit to reserve the trip.
- $22 Guna territory entrance fee.
- Approximately $10 - bus 1 way to Panama City from the trips arrival location in Portobelo, Panama.
- The price is exclusive alcohol beverages (e. g. one can of cold beer is US$ 1.00 on board or in the islands.
HOW TO RESERVE A SPOT
- Please check availability with us before booking by clicking the INQUIRY button.
- To make a reservation click BOOK NOW and make a deposit payment of $50 online.
- The balance must be paid in cash to the captain when you get on the boat. Once a reservation is made we will send a receipt with a ticket and must read info via email.
- If the available dates or boats do not work for you, consider going round-trip to the San Blas islands from Panama City then flying to Colombia. Often reasonable flight prices can be found on Viva Colombia or Wingo. And we offer many round-trip options to the islands from Panama City.